Thursday, October 2, 2008

Indian Princess (1994)

Another attempt at seduction, my Indian Princess was an associate at a former employer. Trying to strike gold like before, I guess. She definitely caught my eye. Unfortunately, I ended up in the friend zone. What makes this endeavor stand out? She showed this to another associate, while I was present in her office. His comment: “This guy wants to do you!” Was I that obvious? I think she knew. We looked at each other after he said that. Played it off well, though. I didn’t want to pressure it. Hey, we worked together.

I guess I never really learned the first time. Maybe I don’t consider it a mistake, so by trying over and over, I’m not really making the same mistake twice, but simply exploring the same opportunities, but in a different setting. I didn’t like going out to the bar scene anyway, and hey, what do singles’ groups always say? Seek amongst common environments. Work is one of them. And neither of us were in the same department; and neither of us were over the other. It could work. It did for others; albeit, not for everyone. Seen it first hand. But she made it known she knew by looking at me immediately after his comment. In retrospect, it probably wouldn’t have worked out, so it ended up being more fun with the tension in place. Some things are better left in the dream stage. Wrote a poem about her. Like to hear it? Here it goes…

Indian Princess
1994

Indian eyes burning bright
Of what it is you dream at night
On the horizon birds in flight
Blinded by the shining light

They will come and they will go
Somehow they will never know
So much to learn that makes you so
You stand alone while the winds blow

Your heart yearns for something more
To share your thoughts, an open door
With hopes of finding someone for
That heart of yours, to heights we’ll soar

A century to live from day to day
Life is short but don’t dismay
What you seek will come your way
Or already has, who’s to say

There is no time to sigh or week
Your beauty lies oh so deep
For now enjoy the friends you keep

You’re in my thoughts when I’m asleep.

No comments: