Thursday, October 2, 2008

Lost Love II (1994)

The following was the second of two for Maria, as I continued to woo her. She was flattered; but was cool about letting me down softly. I understood. It was hard to accept, though. Nonetheless, I wrote a poem about it. Like to hear it? Here it goes…

Lost Love, Too
1994

Most never find it
I discard realizing later
The first in my life
Regretting for years to come
Now I find another
A second in one lifetime
Only to lose her
Shortly thereafter

That’s twice now I’ve cried
More now than before
Feelings run deep
As the heart is severed
Just when I thought…
I encounter a force
Invisible by nature
Impenetrable physically

It’s not brick or stone
Which crumbles with a shake
Nor metal or wood
Which burns under heat
‘Tis stronger yes
This shear wall of fear
You cannot climb it
Or breakthrough to within

My dearest has a wall
As high as the heavens
Thicker than thick
But there’s nothing I can do
The reasons why
Are fully understood
But not why there’s fear
In sharing the heart with me

Unfairness prevails
When comparing to others
So much to learn
She’ll never realize
I’m not like the others
Her search will be difficult
If chosen not to return
…or not to search at all

it’s her choice now
to do what she wishes
as it always has been
I hope so soon
She’ll destroy what was built
And realize who she had
Someone who would do
Anything for her.

But time never stops
Maybe this time ahead
Won’t be as lengthy
If my princess returns
I hope it’s not too late
For I cannot wait
And wonder if and when
She’ll “borrow my lips for the night”

It truly is more difficult
Waiting than letting go
It hurts so much
To be with her
As I begin to cry
And I shall always cry
When thinking of my princess – why?
Because I love her.

No comments: