Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sasha (1990)

Here’s an interesting selection. It definitely represents the passion I have (typical Gemini); even if it is just a waitress in a restaurant. Sasha was her name. A Greek pizzeria was her game. She freaked out after I gave it to her. It took me 7 months before I made it back to the place. She was gone anyway. Hey, it’s a gamble. I know I may have come on a little strong, but if she can’t handle it, it wouldn’t have worked for me anyway. I’ll bet someone she showed it to, wished it were written for her. I should have been on the lookout for glances from her associates. She reminded me of a peasant girl from a medieval village (medieval again?). Milky-white skin, not like the flushed variety common in the Caucasian community. And the uniform. Straight out of the 14th century. Wrote a poem about her. Like to hear it? Here it goes…

Sasha
1990

The wind blows softly as a honeydew kiss
Like a breeze whistling through willow
Alas, I have none to share in bliss
A tear ponds on thy pillow.

The pond’s a reminder of what could be
What outcome I shant know
I dream until the day I’ll see
Someone unique like the flake’s snow.
Pursuit is arduous, shyness prevails
I prefereth the written word
If mine thoughts aren’t taken, I shall fail
Unseen mine attempt, yet heard.
Thy resembleth fair maiden of flight
Wit and humor envelop me
Thine eyes shine like blinding light
And a smile as sweet as a pea.

Thy Sasha remindeth of a lovely song
My wish to see again, it is –
For now my space ‘tis almost gone
I drink to thee with a kiss.

No comments: