Thursday, October 2, 2008

Vacation (2003)

2003, while not a good year in the work sense, turned out to be a productive year, in the writing aspect, putting down everything that crossed my mind. It was a way of dealing with the office politics occurring at the time, which I won’t mention here (KPMG). Of course, at this time of my life, I was through sweating it and dwelling on it. Based on all of the experience from years before, it was easy to apply it in future situations. No sense in losing sleep over it. I came up with this one after being continually asked what my plans were for vacation. I’m taking Friday off. It’s just time off. Three-day-weekend. No big deal. Give me a break.

Vacation
2003

I’m on vacation next week…
Going anywhere?
Yeah…I’m going home…
Oh, where’s that?
Right up the street…
Funny, but are you going anywhere?
Yes…
After I get home,
I’m going to the corner store…
To buy beer…
Oh, not going anywhere, huh?
No I’m leaving when I finish my beer…
Where you off to?
The bathroom…where else?
See, I knew it,
You’re not going anywhere…
On the contrary,
As soon as I’m done in the bathroom…
Yeah, right…
What…don’t you want to know?
Now I’m afraid to ask…
I’m leaving tonight…
Well, it’s about time...
Where you going?
I’m going to bed…
Now leave me alone…
I’ve got things to do…
Places to go…

No comments: